To celebrate the successful first year of the International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) as well as to present our upcoming activities, the ISC3 will host an anniversary event on 17 September 2018 in Bonn. The event will introduce you to the emerging concept of sustainable chemistry as a game-changing contribution to sustainable development and invites you to join the work of the ISC3.
The ISC3 is a new independent, international institution promoting sustainable chemistry solutions worldwide. In September 2017, the ISC3 opened its offices in Bonn hosted by GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.
As a new transformative approach, sustainable chemistry focusses on the use of environmentally and socially friendly alternatives and supports economic innovation. Delivered at scale, it implies new business opportunities, new jobs, and a key contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We are proud to welcome high-level speakers and international experts for our 1st Year Anniversary Event at our headquarters in Bonn.
- Svenja Schulze, Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Tanja Gönner, Chair of the Management Board of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Dr. Jutta Klasen, Head of Chemical Safety Division, German Environment Agency (UBA)
- Achim Halpaap, Principal Officer and Senior Advisor, Chemicals and Health Branch, Economy Division, UNEP
Key Note Speaker
- John Warner, President Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
Panel Discussion with
- Anne-Sofie Andersson, Executive Director, International Chemical Secretariat (ChemSec), Member of the IPEN Executive Committee
- Pierre Barthélemy, Executive Director, Innovation Programme, cefic – European Chemical Industry Council
- Dr. Thomas Jakl, Head of the Chemical Policy and Biocides Department at the Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism, Austria
- John Warner, President and CTO of the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
The ISC3 is committed to shape this transformation in cooperation with all stakeholders. We would therefore be delighted to inform you about our work and introduce you to the next steps we want to take on the road to sustainable chemistry – together with our partners and stakeholders from all over the world.
Press registration: media©isc3.org