2nd ISC3 Stakeholder Forum, Online Event, 23-24 November 2020
The International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) will host its second Stakeholder Forum on 23-24 November 2020. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting travel restrictions, the forum will be held online.
Founded on the initiative of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and the German Environmental Agency (UBA) 2017, the ISC3 engages in the transformation towards Sustainable Chemistry. The centre manages a knowledge platform and a network of experts, offers training and support for implementation, especially for developing countries, and carries out innovation scouting activities to discover new technologies, processes and business models.
Connecting stakeholders from policy, industry, academia, and civil society is a key element of the transformation towards Sustainable Chemistry and therefore of ISC3’s work. Whereas the first Stakeholder Forum focused its discussions and topics on laying the groundworks for a common understanding of Sustainable Chemistry and the international dialogue, the focus of the second Stakeholder Forum will shift towards the implementation and realisation of projects and ideas.
ISC3 is proud to have the opportunity of adding a presentation on the new UNEP Framework Manual on Green and Sustainable Chemistry to the agenda and hosting a workshop on specialised Manual on Education for Green and Sustainable Chemistry, under development.
To learn more about Stakeholder Forum, take a look at our Stakeholder Forum’s report, summarising the the first Stakeholder Forum 2019.
Agenda 2nd ISC3 Stakeholder Forum
Day 1, Monday, 23 November 2020, Part 1 of the ISC3 Stakeholder Forum, 13:00 - 17:45h (CET)
13:00 - 15:30h (CET)
- Review and Outlook on the ISC3
- Common Understanding on Sustainable Chemistry
- Guest Keynote UNEP: Introduction to the Framework Manual on Green and Sustainable Chemistry
15:30 - 17:45 h (CET)
- Launch of the first Master Programme on Sustainable Chemistry (MSc)
- ISC3 Foresight Workstream on Sustainable Chemistry and Building and Living – Focus on Plastics
- The ISC3 Global Start-up Service and Innovation Challenge
- Report and Reflection on the ISC3 Research Topics
- Open Forum
Day 2, 24 November 2020: Part 2 of the ISC3 Stakeholder Forum 13:00 - 17:00 h (CET)
- Regional Perspectives on Sustainable Chemistry and Energy: Preparing for the ISC3 Future Focus Topic
- Towards a Global Week on Sustainable Chemistry: Deliberating ideas and activities
- Non-academic Capacity Building in developing countries and emerging economies
- Special guest: UNEP Workshop on UNEP Manuals on Green and Sustainable Chemistry: an exchange on the Specialized Manual on Education
- Chemistry within a Circular Economy: Contributions and Limitations for Closing the Loop
- Gender and Sustainable Chemistry – How women benefit from Sustainable Chemistry and vice versa
- Special guest: MVO Nederlands "Introduction natural capital and the chemical sector"
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Stakeholder Forum 2020 will be an online event. The log-in data will be distributed to all confirmed participants in the week leading up to the event.
To participate, please fill out the registration form and send it via email to event©isc3.org.