Innovation Challenge in Sustainable Building and Living
-x-x-x- Update -x-x-x-
The first application round of the Challenge resulted in promising applications from over 20 countries and six continents! In the next phase, selected innovators are invited to submit an extended proposal that will be evaluated by an international jury panel. Five finalists of the Challenge will receive tailored support, visibility and training, the winner will be awarded with a 25.000 Euro money prize.
2019 Innovation Challenge in Sustainable Building and Living
By developing new sustainable materials, products, processes and business models, chemistry plays a key role in achieving most of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and hence a sustainable future. In order to accelerate the search for solutions, the ISC3 launched the Innovation Challenge to engage, award and promote Sustainable Chemistry innovators from around the world.
The ISC3 Innovation Challenge is organized annually and focusses on a specific topic that follows the respective workstream of the ISC3. The ISC3 Innovation Challenge 2019 called for innovations in the field of Sustainable Building and Living. Topics addressed by innovation proposals may include e.g.:
- Innovative Construction Chemicals and Materials
- Green Chemistry
- Resource and Energy Efficiency
- Circular Economy
- Elimination of toxic ingredients (e.g. lead in paint)
- Affordable Housing
- Resilience Engineering
- Modular Construction
- Indoor Air Quality
What to expect?
Five finalists will receive:
- Tailored support: access to Global Start-up Service Customised Support services
- Visibility: promotion of your innovation via ISC3 communication channels
- Networking: participation in the Global Sustainable Chemistry Week 2020 with >1000 decision-makers from industry, science and politics
- Training: pitch training in preparation to your Pitching Session at the Global Sustainable Chemistry Week
- Cash prize: the winner receives cash prize of 25,000EUR